Dear Turning Point Family,
For ninety years now God has been abundantly faithful to our church, and we believe that He will continue to be in the many years ahead! Over the last few years, we have embarked on a journey called Legacy. Legacy is an opportunity for us to invest thousands of dollars as well as a chance to serve and invest in the lives of people through outreaches year-round. We have even more opportunities in this upcoming year! Together, since 2020, our church gave more than $350,000.00 dollars to show the love of Jesus to those who are hurting, and to share the Gospel with those who have not experienced its power in their lives. God has done exceedingly and abundantly above all we ever dreamed (Ephesians 3:20)!
Even as we celebrate this amazing win for the Kingdom, we anticipate the impact we can have yet again through our annual Legacy Offering. We call it “Legacy” because we believe that when we come together to combine our resources and do for others what they can’t do for themselves, we leave a legacy that makes a difference for eternity. And as we’ve seen over the years, when all of us do a little, together we do a lot.
So, on Sunday, December 3, 2023, I’m encouraging all of us to bring a special offering, over-and-above our normal giving, to help those who are in need to reach those who have never heard the Gospel. Let me share just a few ways that we intend to support and bless others through this year’s offering:
- Local We love the Spokane city, and we believe God has given us our city as our first responsibility. Through our strategic ministry Community Partnerships: Life Services, HC (Helping Captives), Christ Kitchen, World Relief, Teen Challenge, SERVE Day, and SERVE outreaches we have more opportunities than ever before to impact the people of Spokane County. Our team has vetted these opportunities to find the most critical needs and most effective places to make a difference. We’re already doing much in our communities, but this offering will allow us to do even more.
- Global Missions. Our second area of focus is our We believe the local church is the hope of the world, and the bestway to impact our world is by strengthening existing churches and helping plant new ones in other countries. This offering will not only build up life-giving churches that will change communities, but it will also go to help provide clean water to our Open Bible Church in Thailand and building a home for a family in need in partnership with missionaries Justus and Michaela Morgan, in Tijuana, Mexico. This offering reflects the heart of our God, who loves the whole world (John 3:16) andresponds to the cry of Jesus to “go into all the world” (Matthew 28:19).
- Next Gen. We love our young people! This includes children, youth students, and young adults. Our church has always been multi-generational, and it is our desire to be able to invest in the lives of our next gen through scholarship opportunities for: mission trips, camps, leadership conferences, and more. Also, through this offering it is our vision to deliver current and up-to-date resources for Next Gen Dream Team leaders so they can continue to be successful in their roles.
- Leadership Development. It is our desire to raise up leaders, pastors, and missionaries who are making an eternal difference for the Kingdom through leadership development. It is our goal in 2024 to be able to strengthen ministries such as: Discover Church Planting, Pacific Planting Network, Discover Ministry School, and Turning Point’s Leadership Pathway. We want everyone to develop their God-given gifts to make a difference in whatever arena God has them in.
- Church Growth. In October, the Governance Board approved the launch of an early learning center at Turning Point Church in 2024. There are three main reasons for launching this new preschool and daycare program: 1) We want to provide love, care, and support to our neighborhood and church family concerning preschool and childcare needs. Purpose driven childcare to young families is important! 2) Reach families and children with the Gospel of Jesus. Encouraging families to engage spiritually with church and a community of Jesus followers. 3) Diversify our income to help pay down debt and fund ministry. We believe the Lord is calling us to steward every square inch of our facility well towards Kingdom impact.
Now let me be clear: The purpose of Legacy Offering isn’t for the things we are already doing. Your consistent and generous giving has fully funded our budget, salaries, and ministry giving. The Legacy Offering is specifically for these new opportunities that advance God’s Kingdom and accelerate the vision He has given to our Turning Point family. The expectation is that this Legacy offering will not replace your tithe to the church. This will be a sacrificial offering above your normal tithe.
As always, our goal is not a specific dollar amount – it’s a participation goal. We simply ask 100% of you to give something, and we’ll give it to Kingdom work. So please pray, and as God leads and provides, do what’s in your heart.
You may bring your offering on Sunday, December 3, or you can give through our secure online giving platform at tpob.org/give. You may also give through the Church Center App.
I am full of faith and excitement for what God is going to do through all of us. Just imagine the difference we can make if others experience the Church as the most compassionate and generous people they know.
This is real Christianity – loving the people God so loves. So, let’s do it!
We are in this together. We love being your pastors!
Pastors Josh and Melissa Stelly
*Please select "LEGACY: General" for all donations.