Updated on June 19, 2020
Dear Turning Point Church Family!
We know that this season has been challenging for all. We have been carefully assessing the CDC’s guidelines as to what in-person gatherings would look like for our church. It won’t be exactly the same as it used to be (at least for now) but please keep theses three important items in mind:
- The church building is not the mission: It facilitates the mission. Praise God ministry is still happening in full effect despite this pandemic. We are striving to gather in-person as soon as we deem it safe, possible, and a positive experience for all. We are not in a race to be the “first”. We are passionate about doing it safely.
- Turning Point Church was never closed. We have been incredibly busy sharing the love of Jesus with people online each week. We have also continued to service our community during this crisis. I am extremely grateful for all who are participating in our online weekend service, donation center, caring for each other, giving and Saturday morning prayer. Our mission of “Do whatever it takes to help people: Know God, Find Freedom, Discover Their Purpose and Make a Difference” is being accomplished through each of you.
- We will be hosting In-person Services at 9:00 am and 10:30 am. We are now able to host up to 200 people (including volunteers) at each service.
As we look forward to meeting together, we ask that you follow common-sense infectious disease preventive measures, like regular hand washing and staying home if you are ill from a contagious disease, or have been exposed to someone who is ill. The State of Washington is requiring that you wear a cloth or surgical facial covering. If you do not have one, a mask will be provided to you. Church staff and volunteers will be required to wear facial coverings as well. This is an opportunity to demonstrate love and honor to the people around you.
If you are at higher risk for contagious maladies (like COVID-19), please do not attend until you have consulted with your family doctor. For now, you may need to stay home continue to watch our online service. Sunday services will continue to be live streamed at 10:30 am at www.tpob.org
You will notice a few differences at church on Sunday mornings to take note of. These are meant to help ensure the safety of congregants:
- Touchless service – Our fronts doors & worship center doors will be propped open.
- Greeters – Instead of shaking your hands upon entry into the church you will be greeted with a wave.
- Offering – we will not be passing the offering bucket. Instead there are mounted offering boxes on the back walls of the worship center for those wanting to give in person. Otherwise you can give online through our app or website.
- Café – the café is open for purchase of drinks.
- Children’s Ministry – Kid’s Life Preschool and Elementary services will be offered during our 10:30am in-person service. Please go to www.tpob.org/kids for resources.
- Youth Ministry – Youth Group is organizing in-person social distancing events. Pastor Kyle will be providing more information about youth services in the near future.
- Hand Sanitizer – we have installed additional hand sanitizer stations around the building for your convenience.
- Physical Distancing – we are asking that you practice physical distancing. We have marked spacing in the worship center seats to help everyone maintain social distancing.
- Courtyard – When weather permits we will open our courtyard after service for fellowship where you will be able to maintain physical distancing and enjoy visiting with others.
- Masks – you are required to wear a facial covering as per State requirements at all times. If you do not have one, one will be provided to you.
- Sickness – We are asking that you self-check your temperature before leaving home for church. If your temperature is 100.4 F we ask that you stay home and watch the online service. Also, if you have been around a family member, friend, or coworker who has been sick, please watch our online service.
We are thrilled to worship together with you! God is moving and working in ways we can’t even begin to imagine.
“There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all, in all, and living through all.” Ephesians 4:5-6
For questions or concerns, please email Pastor Josh