Love Anyway Feast – November 2nd | 6-8PM
Love Anyway feast is Saturday, Nov 2 from 6 pm to 8 pm. We are inviting refugees from World Relief as well as a few people who support ministry Preemptive Love already. We need people who want to talk with people that they don’t know and perhaps are totally different than their own life. Families/people are asked to sign up and to bring a dish to share for 10 people. The goal is enjoy other people who have a different life experience than we do, spreading the love and kindness of Jesus through conversation and sharing a meal. We will have conversation starters and a process to make it easier, non-threatening and enjoyable for all who attend. our limit for church folk is 40 including children. If we have a lot of kids then we’ll consider having a kids table. Anything else to mention? We’ll need volunteers to help set-up, clean-up and decorate.
Email Ann Apperson firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Food for Kidz – December 7th |
10AM to 12PM
We are hoping to have 20 people help us on December 7th from 10am until Noon packaging food for refugee camps in Uganda, Africa. All of this will take place at Turning Point Church in the Gathering Place room.
Email Karla Didier email@example.com for more information
Habitat for Humanity – December 7th | 8:30 to 12:30PM
Habitat for Humanity Spokane works closely with families to build a better, healthier and more stable life. No experience is necessary! We hold safety meetings and provide training at beginning of the shifts.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old
- Must wear closed-toed shoes
- Bring your own water and lunch
- No tools needed, but you can bring your own tool belt if preferred
- Work activities are typically inside, but may vary dependent on weather and project progress
We are working closely with Habitat at their Deer Park Location:
400 block of E J Street, Deer Park, WA 99006
- Drive north on Hwy 395 towards Deer Park/Colville.
- Turn right on the first round-a-bout (Main St) into Deer Park.
- Continue on Main St to the next round-a-bout at H St. Turn right and follow to Colville Rd.
- Turn right on Colville Rd, then the immediate next right on I St. Follow I St to Margaret St. Turn left. The job site is at the end of Margaret St where it intersects with J St.
Saturday, December 7th | 8:30 to 12:30PM
Meeting: Deer Park Location
Email Richard Hol firstname.lastname@example.org for more information