Habitat for Humanity – Helping build lives locally.
What: TPOB is partnering with Habitat for Humanity to raise $15,000 and provide approximately 50 volunteers to frame a house by building the walls and sheeting for the entire house.
Who: Evgenii and Tatiana Stukalov family moved to Spokane from Kyrgyzstan (a small country in central Asia) with their two sons, David and Artur in February of 2013. They moved to Spokane because they have family here and wanted an opportunity for a better life for their family. Evengii is a car mechanic and Tatiana now works as a care giver for her mother and recently gave birth to another child, Darya. The Stukalov family currently lives in a small apartment that is infested with insects and noisy neighbors and are so looking forward to having a house of their own. The Stukalovs have been saving money and volunteering at Habitat and are extremely gratefully for this opportunity and to thank all the volunteers who are participating in building homes for families like theirs.
When: The build dates are Saturday, October 7 & Saturday October 14. Volunteers are asked to sign up for an 8:30am â€“ 12:00pm or 12:30pm â€“ 4:30pm shift or for both shifts.
Where: The framing of the walls will take place on the south east area of the church parking lot. Upon completion, the walls will be placed on a flat-bed truck and delivered to the final building site in Deer park.
How: Volunteers do not have to have prior building experience since Habitat will be providing training and work assignments based on skill and ability. All building volunteers, male or female must be 16 or older.
- Habitat provides:
- Project coordinator and supervision
- All building materials
- Tools and equipment, but volunteers are welcome to bring tool belts and hammer
- House plans
- Administrative support
- TPOB and Volunteers are responsible to provide:
- 50 or more volunteers to provide builders and support staff (food, refreshments and day care as needed)
- Funding to meet the goal of $15,000 to be collected by October 1st
- Group signup sheets
- Volunteer Application and Release of Liability forms to be submitted prior to build dates.
- We build rain or shine, dress accordingly.
- A lunch will be served at noon and refreshments provided during the day.
- The Stukalov family will be introduced at a future church service and will be participating in the building project.
- Families present three areas of eligibility:
- Need: living in substandard, overcrowded housing
- Ability to Pay: 0 % interest mortgage back to Habitat-Spokane â€“ average mortgage is $380 per month taxes and insurance included.
- Willingness to Partner: By contributing 500 volunteer hours toward the Habitat program and construction of their home.
- Volunteers can engage in a beam signing and build a relationship with the future home owner and family.
- A Habitat truck will be on the lot to collect furniture, appliances or any other donations that can be used by the family.
- It takes approximately 1,350 hours to build a Habitat home. It cost approximately $130,000 to fund a Habitat home.
- It takes approximately 6 months to build a Habitat home. You will be invited to share in a home dedication where the keys are given to the homeowner family.
- Church Envelopes “ Mark for Habitat for Humanity
- Online giving – http://turningpointspokane.org/give
- Mobile App
Contact Information: For additional information or questions about this project feel free to contact:
Richard Hol email@example.com or via cell at : 509 638-5046
Pastor Josh firstname.lastname@example.org or office phone: 509 467-5122
Angie Funnell Habitat Fund Development and Marketing Director: 509 534-3832
Or the Habitat for Humanity web site for additional volunteer or giving opportunities: http://habitat-spokane.org/